The Bandit is a reddish-pink sports car with a black stripe at the end. It is adorned with a cobra and the words "Lil' Bandit" on each side. In Levels 1, 3, 4, and 6, Snake occupies the driver seat. The car bears a strong resemblance to a 1969 Dodge Charger.
The Bandit is not the most durable, but in all other facets it is a very high performance vehicle, with a great top speed, good acceleration, and some great handling.
- The Bandit in-game differs quite a bit from the Bandit in the show. It is the most dramatic difference in a vehicle, with the exception of the Longhorn.
- The image for the Bandit in the phone booth and in early artwork features different rims than in-game.
- The Bandit in the mission "Bart 'n' Frink" is more durable than the version found outside of the mission, to the point where it is considered to be the most durable vehicle in the entire game.
- Within the Level 2 folder in the game files, there is an E3 variation of the level.mfk file that reveals that the Bandit was intended to be the default vehicle in Level 2, but eventually was changed to the Honor Roller in the final game.
- Despite already appearing in Level 3 in the mission "Slithery Sleuthing". When the Bandit is selected from the phone booth, Snake will be occupying the drivers seat, unlike the other driver characters who only drive their vehicle if they do not appear in the level. This and Apu driving the Longhorn in Level 7 are the only exceptions to this rule.