The Longhorn is a vintage American sports car painted golden-brown. A Texan longhorn skull is painted on the hood, and a bar secures the windshield to the back end of the vehicle. It makes a loud gnawing sound when driven, similar to the Obliteratatron Big Wheel Truck. In Level 7, Apu occupies the drivers seat of the vehicle. The car bears a strong resemblance to the real life 1979 2nd generation Pontiac Firebird.
- The vehicle appears as Apu's main vehicle in the level.
- In the show, Apu's car was significantly different than the car seen in the game. It was painted red rather than golden-brown, donned the classic phoenix on the hood of the car, and retained the Firebird name. The name and design was changed from this in the game due to legal reasons.
- Apu drives this vehicle only in Level 7, along with Bart and the Honor Roller/Ferrini - Red.
- Apu makes an appearance in every level in the game, including Level 7, which is contradictory to how the developers of the game chose when to show characters driving specific cars.
- In Level 4 street races, Apu, along with his Longhorn, appear as components in the circuit race, but not in the checkpoint race as for some reason, the player races Professor Frink in his Hover Car instead.