For general information on vehicles, see Vehicles.
Road vehicles are vehicles driven by civilians in the game, The Simpsons: Hit & Run. They always obey traffic laws, but on some occasions are known to crash into other road vehicles, even without player intervention. Every level has a set of four road vehicles, and some are shared with other levels. With the exception of the Garbage Truck, no road vehicle can make an appearance outside of their predetermined level(s) without using the All Cars cheat.
List of Road VehiclesEdit
Mini School BusEdit
A light blue truck with utility supplies in the bed, accompanied with two panes of Buzz Cola glass. It appears only in Level 1.
A regular minivan that comes in a variety of colors. It appears only in Level 1.
A standard yellow taxi with a checkered stripe running on both sides. It appears only in Level 2.
A generic sedan that comes in a variety of colors. It appears only in Level 2.
Fish Delivery TruckEdit
A van similar to the black pizza vans, but it is sea green and has Captain McAllister's logo on the sides. It appears only in Level 3.
Nuclear Waste TruckEdit
A white truck with several barrels of nuclear waste in the bed. It appears only in Level 4.
Level 5 Edit
"Vote Quimby" TruckEdit
A red truck with a white trailer attached. It has a yellow four-way horn and paint job encouraging any listener to vote for Mayor Quimby. It appears only in Level 5.
A generic ambulance. It appears only in Level 5.
Sports Car BEdit
A modern day muscle car that comes in a variety of colors, that slightly differs from the Sports Car A.
Itchy and Scratchy Movie TruckEdit
A lavender truck with a blue trailer attached. It has Itchy and Scratchy on its sides, with a green four-way horn that emits sounds that Itchy and Scratchy make. It appears only in Level 6.
Burns Armored TruckEdit
An armored car emblazoned with the logo of Mr. Burns' Casino. It is essentially identical to the Armored Truck, save the logo. It appears only in Level 6.
Multi-Level Vehicles in Levels 1-6Edit
A standard pickup truck that comes in a variety of colors, that slightly differs from the Sports Car B. It appears in Level 1, 3, and 6.
Sports Car AEdit
A Japanese-looking sports coupe which somewhat resembles a Mazda RX-7. It appears in Level 2 and 3.
A small car with a bigger end than front that comes in a variety of colors. It appears in Levels 3, 4, and 6.
A large vehicle that comes in a variety of colors. It appears in Levels 4 and 5.
A black hearse with orange tinted windows. Its horn is replaced with an organ. It appears only in Level 7.
A coffin on wheels driven by a skeleton, with a skeleton protruding out the back to hold the passenger. It appears only in Level 7.
A ghostly remnant of a rowboat, occupied by a sailor and captain. Its horn is the same as a boat horn. It appears only in Level 7.
A generic witch riding a broom. The horn is replaced with cackling. It appears only in Level 7.
- In accordance with the complete change of surroundings in Level 7, the road vehicles are themed for Halloween, even if they are unorthodox.
- The Coffin Cart, Ghost Ship, and Witches all can be destroyed by smashing, but there is no evidence that they are powered by an engine, and yet when they are hit, smoke will be emitted at some point.
- The Garbage Truck is the only road vehicle to make an appearance outside of its predetermined level; it appears in Never Trust a Snake. It drops trash onto the road that Apu must pick up, as part of Snake's community service.
- Though an error occurs, where once the player picks up the last piece of garbage and angles the camera out of its view, the truck disappears.
- The Itchy and Scratchy Movie Truck makes an appearance in Getting Down with the Clown. The player must follow it to the observatory to talk to Krusty.
- When using the All Cars cheat, all the road vehicles and unusable vehicles can be accessed via phone booths. When the player reaches the Glass Truck, they will find it has been renamed "glastruc". This is in contrast to all the other road vehicles, as their names are straightforward.
- In the files for the game, there is an unused station wagon that was intended to be in Level 1's traffic, as evidenced by many prerelease screenshots and videos, but it later got replaced by the Glass Truck, but like all other unusable vehicles in the game, the car can still be obtained by using the "All Cars" cheat.
|The Simpsons: Hit & Run|
| • Levels • Missions • Vehicles • Street Races •|
• Collector Cards • Character Costumes • Gags • Wasp Cameras •