- "Here's how this works: Milhouse, Nelson and Ralph run a series of races around town. Complete all the races and you unlock a new vehicle. Well, what are you waiting for?"
- ―Bart Simpson
Street Races are side missions in The Simpsons: Hit & Run. Milhouse Van Houten, Nelson Muntz, and Ralph Wiggum are the hosts. The trio host the races for Patty and Selma, who appear after the races have been won, excluding Level 7. The trio are easy to find on the map as they have a pair of racing flags hovering over their heads, and are symbolized on the radar with a the same symbol. If the player wins all the races in a level, they are awarded with a new car.
The player needs to win all the races on each level in order to get a 100% completed on a Level progress screen, but they are not necessary to complete the level.
Milhouse & Ralph's races share the same hard-rock theme.
Nelson's races have a different hard-rock theme, with some snippets from the Simpsons theme song.
Milhouse hosts the Time Trial races, where the player has to complete laps while going around in the same area. Milhouse is found in:
- Level 1: In the trailer park/farmer area. (5 Laps - Caravan Park Time Trial Race)
- Level 2: By the Krusty Burger in Downtown, near the police station. (3 Laps - Commercial District Time Trial Race)
- Level 3: At the docks, near the C-Spanker. (4 Laps: Docks Time Trial Race)
- Level 4: By Burns' Mansion and the StoneCutter's tunnel. (3 Laps - Mansion and Nuclear Power Plant Time Trial Race)
- Level 5: By the gas station near the trainyard. (5 Laps - Entertainment District Time Trial)
- Level 6: At the side of Mr. Burns' Casino. (2 Laps) Milhouse also appears as the boss of the mission Clueless, where he stalks Lisa who wants clues to finding Bart. (Squidport Tourist Resort Time Trial Race)
Nelson hosts ordinary Circuit Races, where the player has to become first in a 3 lap race, racing with 3 (or 1) CPU(s). Nelson is found in:
- Level 1: By the gas station in the richer side. (Rich District Circuit Race)
- Level 2: Near the Krusty Burger near the starting point of Level 2. (Town Square Circuit Race)
- Level 3: Near a gas station. (Hillside Area Circuit Race)
- Level 4: Near the gold house in the richer side. (Rich District 2 Circuit Race)
- Level 5: Downtown, near the firetrucks. (Commercial District Circuit Race)
- Level 6: In the Aztec Theater parking lot. He also appears in Wolves Stole My Pills. (Casino Circuit Race)
Ralph hosts Checkpoint Races where the player has to get to a certain point of the level racing CPU(s). Each one becomes harder in every level. Ralph is found in:
- Level 1: At the church. (Race to the Power Plant entrance - Suburban Countryside Checkpoint Race)
- Level 2: Near the City Hall. (Race to the entrance of the Matlock Expressway - Motorway Checkpoint Race)
- Level 3: By the Duff Brewery. (Race to the gas station, near Nelson's race - Squidport Checkpoint Race)
- Level 4: Near the cemetery, Evergreen Terrace stone. (Race to the slimy area of the Power Plant - Suburban Rich District Checkpoint Race)
- Level 5: By the Courthouse. (Race to the Downtown Police HQ - Entertainment Commercial Checkpoint Race)
- Level 6: By the observatory. (Race to the Krustylu Studios) He also appears in Weapons of Mass Delinquency. (Squidport 2 Checkpoint Race)
Zombies host all types of races. They're found in:
- Level 7 (Time Trial): Near the Kwik-E-Mart. (3 Laps - Kwik-E-Mart Time Trial Race)
- Level 7 (Circuit Race): Near the demolished church. (Haunted Suburbia Circuit Race)
- Level 7 (Checkpoint Race): Near the Springfield Elementary. (Race to the Power Plant entrance - Suburban Countryside 2 Checkpoint Race)
Opponents in each street raceEdit
- Marge in the Canyonero
- A sports car
- A compact car (Circuit race only)
- A pickup (Checkpoint race only)
- Apu in the Longhorn (Circuit race only)
- A nuclear truck (Circuit race only)
- A garbage truck (Circuit race only)
- Frink in the Hover Car (Checkpoint race only)
- Homer in the 70's Sports Car
- In Level 7, Milhouse, Nelson and Ralph are all replaced by zombies who still do the same. However, in a pre-release screenshot of Level 7, Ralph can be seen om front of the school where the checkpoint zombie would stand in the final. This could likely mean that Milhouse, Nelson and Ralph were supposed to retain their roles as race hosts in Level 7 but were all replaced by zombies due to the Halloween aesthetic of the level.
- Additionally, in Level 7, the zombie that awards the player the race at the finish line during the Checkpoint Race (in the Power Plant parking lot) is the exact same sprite as the zombie that sells the Zombie Car in the cemetery. Therefore, if a player wins this street race before they buy the zombie car, they can buy the car off the zombie who awards the race at the end in the Power Plant Parking Lot.
- In Levels 4, 5 and 6, the Checkpoint races only seem to have two participants racing as opposed to four participants as seen in the previous three levels. The circuit race in Level 6 also has two participants instead of four. However, in Level 7, there are four participants racing in both the Circuit and Checkpoint races again.
- Some of the races can be won easily by using the one hit wreck cheat and simply running into the other cars, therefore getting them eliminated.
- In an early build of the game, Patty would have congratulated the player after completing all three races and tell the characters to call the Phone Booths to have their new car delivered.
- When the player wins a street race, a faint jingle can be heard playing. However in the game files, there is an unused soundtrack with the filename fe_trans which is a soundtrack that plays three trumpet tracks. These tracks go higher in key, meaning that these soundtracks were possibly meant to be heard after completing Street Races as there are three races and the soundtrack plays three trumpets, but in the final game, there is normally silence when the player completes a street race, asides from that faint jingle.
|The Simpsons: Hit & Run|
| • Levels • Missions • Vehicles • Street Races •|
• Collector Cards • Character Costumes • Gags • Wasp Cameras •