|The Cola Caper|
Homer inside the Kwik-E-Mart
The Cola Caper is a tutorial mission which is very easy and simple that appears in Level 1 of The Simpsons: Hit & Run, which the player has to complete before being allowed to start the normal missions.
The song that plays is the same driving music heard when the player casually drives around. The song utilizes trumpets.
This is the fanfare that the player will hear upon completing the mission:
- (Homer picks up a hovering coin; a TV commercial comes on)
- Krusty the Clown: Hey, hey! I'm endorsing a new cola, kids, and this one isn't poisonous to anybody!
- Announcer: That we know of.
- Krusty the Clown: New-and-Improved Buzz Cola is made from only the finest sugars and waters. Plus, it has a special ingredient too hot for the FDA. It'll give you the "get up and go, you need to do all the pathetic stuff you had to do!" So try new improved Buzz Cola!
- Homer Simpson: (tempted) Mmm, cola. Must get Buzz Cola. (walks out of view drooling)
Marge says to Homer that all of the desserts in the house have been eaten, telling Homer to collect the ice cream with miniature pies in it and the new Buzz-Cola. The objectives are:
- Drive to the Kwik-E-Mart.
- Talk to Apu.
- Collect the ice-cream and cola.
- Drive back to the Simpsons house.
- Marge: Homie, somebody ate every dessert in the house! I need you to run to the store, and pick up some of that ice cream with the miniature pies in it.
- Homer: Ah, must have been one of our kids, probably Milhouse.
- (Homer drives over to Kwik-E-Mart, goes inside)
- Homer: Hey, Apu, gimme a cola and I need another bucket of ice cream with mini pies.
- Apu: What happened to the ice cream with mini pies your wife bought this morning?
- Homer: Ah, I probably ate it, I don't remember stuff too good.
- (Homer grabs the ice cream & cola)
- Bart: Congratulations, Homer, mission complete! Go back home and talk to mom to start the next mission.
- Like the bonus missions, this mission cannot be replayed after being completed.
- In the beta version, the mission could be failed and Bart would have scolded Homer for failing the mission.